We are a team of five who are behind the creation of stories for our narrative games. We’re currently looking for a new member to join our squad, so if you are a passionate storyteller, we would love to hear (and read) from you!
We release new titles every couple of months, but we continuously add new stories to our existing games. The person who joins us will dominantly design stories for our game Tabou Stories: Love Episodes, so feel free to check out the game to get a general feel for the content you will be creating and editing :)
HOW WILL YOU SPEND YOUR DAY?
- editing and proofreading our interactive stories
- improving and developing new branching storylines, plot, characters and dialogue, with an opportunity to pitch and outline your own story
- ensuring style consistency, as well as story continuity and high immersion
- brainstorming (new content, existing content, new story ideas)
- collaborating with other departments to ensure the highest quality of the narrative
- learning to understand both the game and the target audience to ensure the game values are respected and that the game meets expectations
- playing and analysing competitor games
YOU ARE A GREAT CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- are a student available for 32+ hours weekly
- are proficient in English, especially written
- know your way around MS Office
- can critically analyse a story: its plot, pacing, and characterisation
- are flexible and can easily adapt to our specific writing needs: knowing the difference between writing for yourself and writing for a specific audience :)
- know how to prioritise tasks to meet set deadlines
- can think in branching storylines and where they lead
- are okay with mature content
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT?
- being a bookworm
- familiarity with the romance genre
- being a passionate gamer
- having a penchant for world-building and storytelling
WHAT DO WE OFFER IN RETURN?
- Professional development: For starters, we don't see you as "just a student" but as an equal member of the team who will develop their skills and grow alongside us! We will ensure you have a structured and smooth onboarding process with scheduled feedback times and both a mentor and a buddy by your side. To make sure you and your team are up with the latest trends, we allocate a team budget for education.
- Financial benefits: On top of a competitive salary, we offer additional financial benefits based on annual success, such as a Christmas bonus, Easter bonus and summer bonus.
- Work-life balance: We are deeply dedicated to our work, but also understand the importance of switching off and recharging. Based on that, we offer flexible working hours and a flexible work model (either you’re a fan of remote work, office work, or a mix of both), and even more flexibility during the finals. Also, each one of our teammates enjoys an hour-long lunch break.
- Last but not least, you will get to work with an amazing team in top-notch offices and an atmosphere that is simultaneously motivating, friendly and productive! :)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to your application! Please apply with a cover letter and a CV in English only :)
Also, please submit the following:
A short story pitch in English (maximum length: 300 words) in which you include some of these elements: business building, jealous coworker, love triangle, hot boyfriend, annoying boss, billionaire, kinky, cameras. Please post a link (Google Drive, OneDrive) that will guide us to your masterpiece in the URL section of this application form. Have fun and be creative!