As a Junior Sys Admin at Nanobit you will be a point of contact for our team members who deal with some issues regarding both software and hardware. Sometimes simple “Did you try turning it off and on again?” will suffice, but sometimes… well, it won’t. Then you will have to research how to solve the issue and get your brain juices flowing. Or you will know how to resolve the issue just by looking at it. Depends on the day.
Besides that, you will take care of the entire internal network, servers, and storage solution. You will take care that all our servers and databases are properly backed up and updated regularly. Of course, since we talk a lot about our servers and network, you will dabble in firewalls and network security in general!
You will always be on the lookout for which new technologies we should implement, and how to implement them, so they help us in the long run. This is where your proactive nature comes in handy!
If you would love to provide support to Nanopeeps and ensure them having seamless working conditions, our colleague Sven is looking for a teammate! Together with Sven, you will lay the foundation for the creation of our games. ☺️
HOW WILL YOU SPEND YOUR DAY?
- configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- installing and configuring new users’ computers, e.g. setting up equipment for a new team member (don’t worry, you won’t need to set up your own equipment! 😃)
- providing user support and the administration of the user database using Active Directory and Office 365
- helping set up and configure printers and scanners
- supervising and monitoring the network system
- researching and integrating new technologies and solutions into the existing system
YOU ARE A GREAT CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU:
- are a student available to work full-time or near full-time (+32 hours weekly, weekends excluded!)
- have knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system with an emphasis on working in a Windows server environment (AD, Radius, Hyper-V)
- have basic knowledge of at least one scripting language (Bash, Powershell, Python)
- know basic networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, FTP, HTTP, routing, wireless)
- are able to detect emerging issues and proactively propose possible solutions
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT?
- working experience with system or computer administration
- basic knowledge of the GNU/Linux operating system, Git, Nginx, Virtualization, Docker
- interest for working in the gaming industry
WHAT DO WE OFFER IN RETURN?
- Professional development: For starters, we don't see you as "just a student" but as an equal member of the team who will develop their skills and grow alongside us! We will ensure you have a structured and smooth onboarding process with scheduled feedback times and both a mentor and a buddy by your side. To make sure you and your team are up with the latest trends, we allocate a team budget for education.
- Financial benefits: On top of a competitive salary, we offer additional financial benefits based on annual success, such as a Christmas bonus, Easter bonus and summer bonus.
- Work-life balance: We are deeply dedicated to our work, but also understand the importance of switching off and recharging. Based on that, we offer flexible working hours and a flexible work model (either you’re a fan of remote work, office work, or a mix of both), and even more flexibility during the finals. Also, each one of our teammates enjoys an hour-long lunch break.
- Last but not least, you will get to work with an amazing team in top-notch offices and an atmosphere that is simultaneously motivating, friendly and productive! :)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we look forward to your application! Please apply with a cover letter and a CV in English only 🙂